Thursday, August 29, 2013

Where`s the Patis?


Miyerkules, Agosto 28 2013

Where`s the Patis

So, I`m here to talk to you about the summary of something that I just read with the title: "Where the hell is the Soy Sauce?! Tell me damn it!" Ok, enough with jokes. Here's the real title: "Where`s the Patis?" It's about some guy locked up abroad who misses the local delicacy of his country. The good R.P. He misses the rice of his hometown, the pancit gusado reeking with garlic in the streets of  Quiapo, or the lapu-lapu or the frog legs from Pampanga.


OK. Let me talk about my reflection of the essay. The guy misses the Philippines. Do I need to say more?
I mean, hello?! would you even like to live in a foreign land where the people there are not the same people you know? Or the foods? You know, I`ve been to Hong Kong, and we ate nothing but noodles, noodles, noodles. Which is good by the way, what I mean is, how could you survive leaving your own country?  I don't understand how people could survive having to leave their own country. As for me, I`m not leaving my country. Toto ain't going nowhere papi!



-Micheal Fuentes

No comments:

Post a Comment