Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Fallen




The Fallen


I know that I shall meet my fate
To the one who`s in the clouds above
But my fate was snatched by men
Driven by hate not fueled with love
So they told us to fight
To fight a war that was not right
As we hear the shells roar
And as we hear the battle cry
Others return, others just die
As we go over the top, and crossed death valley
We were mowed down by bullets that formed a volley
But those who I fight, I do not hate
Those who I guard some I do not love
No law nor duty bade me to fight
Nor Public men nor cheering crowd
But they`d never know what`s it like when your hope is gone,
You`d just stare up in the cloud
A lonely impulse of delight
Drive towards the tumults of the clouds
But they may not grow old
But we that are left will grow old
They shall no longer feel the pain
As we that are left will feel
And they shall no longer be haunted by the memories
As we who are left are being haunted
From the going down of the sun
To the rising of the moon
They shall be remembered
And so I balanced all, brought all to mind
The years to come the waste of breath,
The waste of breath from the years behind
And to balance with this life,
And to balance with this death.

1 comment: